The Belcher Family is the main family on the show.
- Bob Belcher (Father and Husband)
- Linda Belcher (Mother and Wife)
- Tina Belcher (Oldest Daughter and sister)
- Gene Belcher (Middle Child and Brother)
- Louise Belcher (Youngest Daughter and Sister)
- Mrs. Belcher (Bob's mother, Linda's mother-in-law/Tina, Gene and Louise's paternal grandmother)
- Big Bob (Bob's father, Linda's father-in-law, /Tina, Gene and Louise's paternal grandfather)
- Ernest Lombard (Bob's maternal uncle, Linda's uncle-in-law,/Tina, Gene and Louise's great uncle)
- Vanessa (Bob's cousin, Linda's cousin-in-law, Big Bob's niece/Tina, Gene and Louise's first cousin once removed)
- Gloria (Linda's mother, Bob's mother-in-law/Tina, Gene and Louise's grandmother)
- Al (Linda's father, Bob's father-in-law/Tina, Gene and Louise's maternal grandfather)
- Gayle (Linda's sister, Bob's sister-in-law, /Tina, Gene and Louise's maternal aunt)
- Burt (Gloria's father, Al's father-in-law, /Linda and Gayle's grandfather, Bob's grandfather-in-law /Tina, Gene and Louise's great grandfather)
The Belcher family share most of their physical traits, signifying strong genetic makeup. The family patriarch Bob has black hair, olive skin, and a great deal of body hair. Since Linda shares some of these qualities, it is typical that their children would inherit their parents' physical appearance.
- The Belcher family has Latino and European origins, and share traits with Hispanic descent.
- Teddy thought Bob may have had a Mediterranean (such as Greek or Italian) origin. However, in the episode "Lice Things Are Lice", Bob replies "I'm not Mediterranean." indicating Teddy is likely wrong.
- Belcher is an name that originates from Gaulish and the language d'Oïl, implying the family has French or French-Canadian heritage.