|Bob's Burgers character|
|Occupation||City Health Inspector (current)
|Behind the scenes|
|Voiced by||Sam Seder|
|“||I'm the health inspector . . . the burger joint's natural enemy.||”|
Hugo Habercore is the short health inspector who tries to put Bob's Burgers out of business in "Human Flesh" and continues to do so out of pettiness and a sad attempt for Linda to come back to him. He‘s the secondary antagonist of the show.
Hugo appears to be a middle-aged, overweight and short man with blond hair and large bangs covering the left side of his forehead, pale skin and a cleft chin. He wears a white shirt with a right breast pocket, blue necktie and gray pants along with black shoes. Hugo is 5'1 when compared to other characters with confirmed heights, but was said to be 5'5 in "Sliding Bobs".
Hugo takes his job as a health inspector very seriously, believing himself to be the frontline between people and unsafe food ("Are You There Bob? It's Me, Birthday").
Hugo and Linda were briefly engaged before Linda dumped Hugo for Bob via a rap on his answering machine ("Ain't Miss Debatin'"). Hugo still holds a strong torch for Linda, and for this reason he sees Bob as an intense rival, and is frequently trying to shut down Bob's Burgers.
Hugo's dislike for Bob manifests as nit-picky health code violations and frequent surprise inspections of Bob's Burgers, but also compelling Bob into wild situations like conducting a sting operation on a meat supplier ("They Serve Horses, Don't They?") or riding along on a raunchy health inspection ("Are You There Bob? It's Me, Birthday").
Because he‘s still single and hung up on Linda, Hugo considers himself sad and lonely, despite the loyal companionship of his ever-neglected partner, Ron.
In "Lobsterfest", Bob becomes Hugo's wingman and helps him seduce Gretchen. When Bob falls into the butter, Hugo saves Bob from an angry mob by testing the butter for contaminants. Hugo declares the butter safe for consumption, saving Bob from the crowd. However, at the end of the episode, Bob and Hugo are in conflict again, and it is revealed Gretchen dumped Hugo.
Hugo made a brief cameo appearance in "Bob Day Afternoon". He appeared in the crowd surrounding First Oceanside Savings Bank during the armed robbery. He also had only one speaking appearance in Season 2 during the episode "Beefsquatch". In "The Deepening", Hugo receives a bigger antagonistic role when Bob tries to stop the mechanical shark from destroying the town, and Hugo, the Quadrant Captain, blames Bob for its release.
Hugo briefly takes a leave of absence from his job and became a nudist in "Nude Beach", and when he's the only one who can save Bob's Burgers from an even more vengeful health inspector, he will only help if Bob can first beat him in the Nude-cathalon multi-athalon competition, all in the Nude. Hugo wins the competition, but decides to help anyway.
Hugo appears twice in Season 5. First, in "Speakeasy Rider", Hugo suspects that Bob and Linda are serving home brewed beer because the restaurant smells "yeasty." He inspects the restaurant several times during the episode to try to catch them in the act. In the "Itty Bitty Ditty Committee", Hugo surprises the Belchers with an inspection. He notices Linda's armpit hair and orders her to wear hair pit nets.
- His last name is Habercore according to "Human Flesh" during the scene where it shows Hugo on the news.
- According to Tina's story in "Sliding Bobs", Hugo is 5'5, but this most likely fabricated as Tina was the one who stated this.
- Hugo's "CITY HEALTH INSPECTOR" badge is different in "The Demo" than in the regular series.
- According to Linda, Hugo was a very good kisser and her parents liked him because he always did the dishes ("Human Flesh").
- Linda broke up with Hugo by making up a rap song over his answering machine.
- Hugo doesn't make any appearances in Season 4 and Season 10.
- Hugo is the Grand Marshall of the show's first Lobsterfest in Season 1.
- Hugo is lactose intolerant ("The Deepening").
- Hugo is Block Quadrant Captain ("The Deepening").
- In "Sliding Bobs", Hugo and Linda's alternate-timeline anniversary is May 5th.
- He may be around the same age as Linda, considering their history together.
- Hugo is very similar to Robert 'Bob' Whitehead from Lucy, The Daughter of the Devil, another Loren Bouchard cartoon.
- He‘s the shortest male adult character in the show being just slightly taller than some the teenaged characters.
- He was the first character in the series to have an antagonistic role, debuting in "Human Flesh".
- In Are You There, Bob? It's Me, Birthday Hugo implies that he doesn't drink. He manages to get Bob to admit that Hugo's work is important, and Hugo is so happy he declares that he would have an alcoholic drink that night (he decides on wine).
- "I'm the health inspector . . . the burger joint's natural enemy."
- "Lets set the meet. For the meat."
- "Jimmy Pesto? He might be gorgeous, but he's not exactly the brightest bulb in the . . . lightbulb store."
- Dream a Little Bob of Bob (Bob's thought bubble, non speaking cameo)
- Bob Belcher and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Kids
- Romancing the Beef