|Bob's Burgers character|
|Rudolph Stieblitz (Regular Sized Rudy)|
|Age||9 (before "House of 1000 Bounces")|
10 (as of "House of 1000 Bounces")
|Occupation||Student at Wagstaff School|
|Relatives||Sylvester Stieblitz (father)|
|Behind the scenes|
|Voiced by||Brian Huskey|
|“||Fun hurts my lungs.||”|
— Regular Sized Rudy
Rudolph Stieblitz is a student at Wagstaff School. He is more frequently known as either Regular Sized Rudy or just Rudy. He first appeared in "Carpe Museum" as Louise's assigned field trip buddy, followed by "The Unnatural", where he took part in Diamond Deuces's baseball camp along with Gene & The Pesto twins. Rudy has appeared regularly throughout Season 4 and onwards.
Rudy has a close buzz-cut that is light-ginger. He wears a light navy blue shirt, with red shorts, white tube socks and brown shoes. Fans have speculated whether or not Rudy's appearance is based on Bobby Hill from Mike Judge's TV series, King of the Hill, as the two share similar characteristics. He is 4'1".
In "Carpe Museum", on a school trip to the Museum of Natural History, led by Mr. Frond and chaperoned by Bob, Rudy is assigned Louise as a buddy throughout the trip. He follows the lead of Louise to the offset Amazon Room in the museum, however, their trip takes a turn for the worst when they are on top of the exhibit without a ladder. Bob, Louise's father, is also stuck with them when he ran after the two. The problem goes from bad to worse when Rudy does not have his inhaler, but luckily, Bob uses his vest to make a zipline and all three glide down. He then finds Rudy's backpack which has his inhaler and gives it to him. Bob, Louise & Rudy all get on board the school bus.
In the last episode of season 3, it mainly focuses on Gene trying to live out his dream of becoming a baseball player, while his family scrambles to pay for it. He is seen somewhere near the end at the '' baseball camp'' with Gene and others.
Rudy's parents are divorced and share joint custody with his father having him on weekends.
His father, Sylvester, is a self-described "middle-aged man" who's "trying to get back out there," and his mother is yet to be seen, but according to Rudy in the episode "Carpe Museum", she "hates fun" and is seemingly overprotective of her son since he also claimed that she "barely allowed" him to go on the field trip to the museum in the first place. According to Rudy; his mother once told him that he'd "never climb a tree" and he says this to himself while climbing a fake dead tree while at the 'Amazon Exhibit' in the museum.
Rudy really has the right balance of enabling and shutting Louise down when need be. He does not try to change her, but can speak up. They work because he sees the fun he has with her and the other Belchers ("Dawn of the Peck"), but knows when to walk away. They have come a long way since "Carpe Museum" and in "Bob Actually", it's proven that Louise like-likes Rudy and she definitely holds a soft spot in her heart for Rudy; Which he holds for her as well, stepping far out of his comfort zone for her.
- Rudy's nickname was devised to distinguish him from Pocket Sized Rudy, an unusually short student at Wagstaff School.
- He and his father Sylvester Stieblitz are both voiced by Brian Huskey
- He is left-handed since he wears his watch on his right wrist which; a common practice for left-handed people, as seen in the "The Kids Rob a Train".
- He is also musically gifted and can play the cymbals in the episode, "Carpe Museum", as well as the drums in the episode, "The Itty Bitty Ditty Committee", when he played in Gene's temporary newfound band.
- In the episode "Midday Run", he worked alongside Tina as a hall monitor at Wagstaff School. His rank was known as a "hall minnow" since he was still a beginner.
- He has some medical problems like his asthma and desperately requires his inhaler "every 2 hours" because he could possibly die without it; he came really close to doing so in the episode "Carpe Museum". He also as a couple of allergies such as poultry, because in the episode "Dawn of the Peck", he says, "Who wants to be in charge of my EpiPen?", "I'm allergic to geese and ducks!" while the crazy birds were surrounding him and the others on the ride. Also in the episode "The Kids Rob a Train", he claims that he is allergic to chocolate; however, he still had no problem eating it, but it's alright because he states, "I just get a rash on my back."
- In the episode "Teen-a Witch", he won the annual Halloween costume contest dressed as legendary French actor/mime artist, Marcel Marceau.
- He is best friends with Louise and had his very first kiss with her, which was her first kiss as well, in the episode, "Bob Actually".
- He seems to have recently become the love interest for Louise in season 7, or at least her feelings for him have become much more noticeable in that season, since she did get jealous of the other girl that he had a crush on.
- In the episode "Mom, Lies, and Videotape", while Louise was telling Linda her made up version of her school play for Mother's day; she imagined Rudy as the "town sheriff" while imagining herself as his mom who was also an "ex out law," and had her and him acting together side-by-side in the story of her play.
- In the episode "A Fish Called Tina", he tells Zeke that his favorite color is green.
- He is on the Wagstaff School Thinkgineers team ("Prank You for Being a Friend").
- He claims his backpack caught on fire at Olive Garden.
- He celebrates his ninth birthday in "House of 1000 Bounces" even though he has appeared in Ms. LaBonz's fourth-grade class. If Rudy is indeed in fourth-grade, he would be expected to have turned ten within the academic year. However, it is possible that he skipped a grade or the episode takes place before said academic year.
- He has a stuffed toy flounder named Pancake as a bedtime pal.
- Bob and Deliver
- The Frond Files
- The Kids Rob A Train
- World Wharf II: The Wharfening (or How Bob Saves/Destroys the Town - Part II)
- Work Hard or Die Trying, Girl
- Tina and the Real Ghost (non speaking cameo)
- Friends with Burger-fits
- Dawn of the Peck
- Midday Run
- The Millie-Churian Candidate
- The Itty Bitty Ditty Committee
- Nice-Capades (non speaking cameo)
- The Gene and Courtney Show (non speaking cameo)
- Lice Things Are Lice
- House of 1000 Bounces
- Stand By Gene
- Glued, Where's My Bob?
- Y Tu Ga-Ga Tambien
- The Trouble with Doubles
- As I Walk Through the Alley of the Shadow of Ramps
- Mission Impos-slug-ble
- Nightmare on Ocean Avenue Street
- Live and Let Fly
- Better Off Sled
- The Fresh Princ-ipal
- If You Love It So Much, Why Don't You Marionette?
- The Gene Mile
- The Hawkening: Look Who's Hawking Now!
- A Fish Called Tina
- Wag the Song
- Yurty Rotten Scoundrels
- The Handyman Can
- Poops!… I Didn't Do It Again
- Prank You for Being a Friend
- Fast Time Capsules at Wagstaff School
- Diarrhea of a Poopy Kid
- Y Tu Tina También (non-speaking cameo)
- Bridge Over Troubled Rudy
- Crystal Mess
- Touch of Eval(uations)
- Ancient Misbehavin'
- Some Like It Bot Part 2: Judge-bot Day (non-speaking cameo)